Nurse Practitioner II / Hem-Onc
Location: Los Angeles, California US
Requisition Number: 40003
It’s Work That Matters.
The Nurse Practitioner in Solidi Tumor/ Leukemia s a registered nurse with advanced academic preparation and clinical training. The NP provides nursing and medical services to patients, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention, as well as the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic diseases. The NP II functions under established standardized protocols and works autonomously as well as in collaboration with other health care professionals to diagnose and manage clients' health care needs. Responsibilities include ordering, conducting and interpreting appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests; prescription of pharmacologic agents and treatments and nonpharmacologic therapies in a cost efficient manner. The NP II is a health care resource, interdisciplinary consultant, patient advocate and mentor for NP colleagure development. The NP II demonstrates commitment to a patient and family focused model of care and assists in the analysis of the CHLA health care delivery system to provide optimal patient care.
Minimum Education/Training Required:
- Masters of Science degree in Nursing from an N.L.N. accredited graduate school of nursing required.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Three years pediatric experience preferred
- 2 years experience as a Nurse Practitioner required
License, Registration or Certification Required:
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing for "hold out as a Nurse Practitioner" as defined in Section 1482, Nurse Practice Act, Business and Professional Code.
- Current California Registered Nurse License and current certification as a Nurse Practitioner.
- National Certification as an NP in specialty field
- Furnishing license
City: Los Angeles
Community / Marketing Title: Nurse Practitioner II / Hem-Onc
Children's Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit institution that provides pediatric health care and helps our patients more than half a million times each year in a setting designed just for their needs. Our history began in 1901 in a small house on the corner of Alpine and Castelar Streets (now Hill St. in Chinatown) and today our medical experts offer more than 350 pediatric specialty programs and services to meet the needs of our patients.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Los Angeles, California US
Job Number: 29203